At Cali, we’ve made it our mission to develop and create the perfect smoothie. With the growing community health scene, the demand for smoothies is off the charts and there are certainly a bunch of places offering them up; but that doesn’t necessarily mean that all of them are good for you. Certain smoothies on the market have been shown to contain up to an alarming 31 teaspoons of sugar, while others can pack even more empty kilojoules than you’ll find in a Big Mac! Yikes! So in case you were wondering how it works at Cali, we want to give you some insight into how we’ve concocted our range of super delicious smoothies to skip the nasties and spike the superfoods.
1. WHY OUR SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIES RULE
Not only are our superfood smoothies made up of raw fruit, vegetables and wholefoods, we also use our in-house variety of ocold pressed juices and nut mylks as their bases. In sourcing fresh premium produce for our juice and nut mylk foundation, we can ensure that each smoothie is full of the highest quality essential nutrients. By cold pressing the produce we have greater control over the fibre, nutrients and enzymes found in the whole fruits and vegetables which lets us maximize all the good stuff in the final product. High fives all round!
2. SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
When it comes to designing our smoothies, one of our main goals is making sure our menu boasts a range which is diverse enough to suit everyone. That means options when it comes to personal flavour preferences and particular health needs. For a refreshing flavour bomb (that is pretty much Summer in a cup), grab yourself The OC and if you’re in need of an energy kick, the Godfather will have you covered with its added cold brew coffee as well as a shot of espresso. The addition of coconut water as the base in some of our newest smoothies has had a big impact for customers trying to cut some calories, while our homemade protein powerhouse nut mylks are still winners amongst the gym junkies! All of our smoothies are preservative free, dairy free, almost all vegan and have the added bonus of being made into a bowl if you’re after something just that bit more filling and a little less ‘on the go’.
3. FUN FACTS
- Cali’s most popular smoothies: Green Room and Cali Berry.
- The blender (originally intended to be used as a mixer) was originally invented by Stephen Poplawski, which was then marketed by Fred Warning as ‘The Blender’.
- Want to buy yourself the same high speed blender used at Cali Press? You’d need to be prepared to fork out over $2,500 for that little (big) guy!
- After milkshakes, the earliest fruit smoothies hit the scene in the mid 60s and were thick, frozen drinks made from orange juice, strawberries, and ice and were aimed at cooling and refreshing the beach-goer set.
- Cali’s most popular smoothie bowl: Muscle Beach with fruit and paleo granola!